Pages



Monday 20 January 2014

My Everyday Makeup

MY EVERYDAY MAKEUP
This is what products I use every day for my makeup, this includes what I use on a day to day basis whether this means to school or on the weekends running errands that need to be done.
This is not my permanent makeup products although these are some of my favorites at the moment. The colors that I use switch up quite a lot but these I always go back to and know I will love.



First for my base I apply the benefit pore-fesional primer. This is a well-loved product by many of bloggers and I have also got some of my closest friends addicted. I love using this product because it gets rid of my pores and makes my skin a lot smoother and allows my makeup to stay put for longer and not slide of your face, as weird as that sound’s. I apply this with my fingers because i think this gives the best finish.



Now I take 1 pump of my M.A.C Prolong wear concealer onto the back of my hand and mix it with one pump of my daily moisturize(I didn't picture this because I change this daily depending on what my skin is like on that day). I use the mixture of these two because I have found out that this gives more coverage than a tinted moisturizer but less than a foundation so it is great for an everyday use. I apply this using my makeup sponge that is purchased from H&M for around £4.


Next I apply my M.A.C studio fix concealer over any blemishes and a thin layer under my eye to cover my dark circles. To apply this product I use my Real Techniques Duo Fibre Crease brush as pictured above, I like to place the product over the blemish and then blend around to make it look seamless. I then apply my M.A.C prolong wear concealer over by dark circles to give me highlight under my eyes I blend this up to my cheek bones to help later on when I apply my highlighter.
To then set all this makeup I apply my Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder, I like this as it prevents me from becoming oily during the day and helps my makeup stay on no matter what the weather.  I do this by using my kabuki brush, unfortunately I don’t know where this is from but there are lots of different ones at all different price ranges. I like to pat it into the skin as I feel if I apply it in circular motions it moves the product around my face.

Next I apply my bronzer, I use my Bourjois chocolate bronze and apply it with my Estee lauder brush that is picture, again I don’t know which brush this is as I think I received it in a gift set. I use this as a contour and apply it into the hollows in my cheeks. To then give my skin a healthy glow I apply what is left on the bush onto my face using the 3E method that many of people use as this is where the sun naturally hits your face. I take some of this bronzer onto a smaller brush and apply it to the sides of my nose to give the illusion of a thinner nose. I also apply what is left under the brush under my lip to give the effect of a fuller lip.

For my eyes I apply some of my M.A.C studio fix concealer to act as a base for my eye shadow as I think this helps keep it on, stops it from creasing and also gives a black canvas ready for my eye shadow. I apply a shimmery champagne colour over my eyelid using my a flat eye shadow brush. I then apply a matte brown into the crease making sure to blend it out very well so there is not a harsh line. I blend this out with my big fluffy crease brush by Estee lauder.

To finish of my eyes I use my Bobby Brown Extreme party mascara that gives my eye lashed the thickness that I love, and then apply one coat of the best seller, Benefit there’re real mascara to give my lashed extra length. I do this because I find that the There’re real mascara doesn’t add a lot of volume to my lashed although makes them a lot longer.

Next I fill in my eyebrows to make them more prominent and bold. Naturally I do have darker eye brows although they are sparse in some areas due to burns and scaring from my hair tools. I use the second lightest and start from the arch and use small strokes to allow the image of hairs. Then with what’s left on the brush I apply this to the start of my brows because it is originally lighter here so gives a more of a natural look.

Finally the lips, I like to go for the natural look as I want the focus on my eyes. I start with my babylips in mint to give my lips a smooth feel, I then apply my estee Lauder lip stick in crystal pink. This is a very neutral colour but gives a nice pinkish look to the lips. I don’t apply lip gloss over the top because the lip stick gives a shine finish and I will apply lip balm over the top throughout the day.
That is what I do for my everyday makeup, it may seem like a lot but I use a small amount of each product as I think this gives me the best finish. Just as a disclaimer I do not wear makeup on a day to day basis but on days where I am doing things I will always go to this makeup as it takes me around 10-15 minutes to do.

Thank you for reading I will be posting another blog post up within the next week.

10 comments:

  1. Love your post <3 you explain everything really good :) already excited for the next post xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well written and detailed! lovely blog :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love some of the products that you use, can't wait for your next post! x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great start! I look forward to seeing your future posts! Follow me at www.jennilala.com We share the same interests! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, looking forward to your next one x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post, can't wait for the next one! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love some of your makeup pics :) Great post xx

    alex @ pinkelephantbloggin.com

    ReplyDelete

Designed By Boutique-Website-Design